Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yele

Last night I made another donation to Wyclef Jean's Yele organization. As I was reading through the site, he was saying how support is still greatly needed. The Haitians are still sleeping in the streets and in man made tents, they are asking for tents, water and medical supplies. What struck me the hardest was when he said the people were still singing in the streets and smiling....Wow, after what they've been through they can still have joy?? It made me realize how sometimes I can be very unappreciative and ungrateful...these people never really had too much but were stripped down of the little they had and it hasn't stolen their joy. I can only speak for myself but I know sometimes I let a bad hair day or a traffic back up throw my entire day off. I told myself I was going to start counting my blessings when I began to let the small stuff mess me up because it definitely could be a lot worse! I donated the $5 through the text when the earthquake first happened but I feel as blessed as I am I could do better. I know a lot of times when issues aren't in the news and media they get swept under the rug but the folks in Haiti still need our support so try not to forget about them and do what you can :-) www.yele.org

By the way...this snow is coming down, looks like it will be a movie and Wii day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment