Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Just Talk...

I think I've spoke on communication before but it is a bigggg contributing factor to whether or not a relationship (friends or significant others) will sink or float!  But the hardest part is to get a person to communicate or feel comfortable enough to communicate with someone else.  At the end of the day it boils down to detaching from your fears of the reaction you will get.  Playing both sides as a good listener and communicator can affect and improve communication skills.  We at times feel that a person will over react because that is what WE will do if we hear something that doesn't line up with what we want to hear.  But we definitely have to be receptive to the truth or just another persons feelings or opinions.  It takes one time to criticize a person for how they feel and the walls of communication come tumbling down....

I know I can be on the side of holding things in because I don't want to hurt a person's feelings, I don't want to hear their real reaction (even though we say we do...WE CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH)!!  I also seen someone post on twitter how it is necessary to express yourself, good and bad things....that is how we remove those who aren't meant to be around and gain those who ARE meant to be around.  I definitely agree but a lot of times we want to keep around the same people and are afraid to grow and get what we need from the new friends and associates that are waiting to help us move forward....

Just a random thought and reminder to myself of how I need to constantly work on communicating and being an even better listener....

No comments:

Post a Comment