Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Changing My Life One Day at A Time....

So it's Day 8 of me getting on the treadmill in the mornings before work!!  I think this is honestly the longest stretch of me sticking to exercising besides when I was younger and was in sporting activities.  I am so proud of myself and I actually look forward to getting on the treadmill each day.  I was going to try to do every other day but knowing me that one day off would throw me all the way off and have me making excuses.  So I just started off with an attainable goal which is do at least 10 minutes a day and do arm workouts twice a week in the evenings.  Starting with 10 minutes, now I have worked myself up to 16 minutes and yes I run the entire time on an incline!!  Now that I have gotten to 16 minutes, 10 minutes is a breeze for me.  I have a purpose for doing this which is why I have stuck with it.  My purpose is definitely not to lose weight lol but to get my metabolism going, get my brain moving and my private time to meditate and talk to God.  When I say I can see a drastic improvement in my productivity at work and even in the evenings when I get home I'm not ready to pass out as soon as I walk in the door.  I just feel better overall and I start my day off on a good note and that is usually how the day ends up.

I definitely have to talk to myself during those last few minutes on the treadmill because the back of my thighs get to burning lol  And I just tell myself, "you are jogging to your new life" "jogging to accomplish new goals" "jogging to those doors that God is waiting to open" "jogging to show God you are disciplined and ready for his blessing" and those statements help me push through.  I also keep the time covered up and occasionally I peek at it but I focus more on my thoughts than the actual act of exercising itself.  I have been involved in a lot more projects and been given more opportunities at work and I enjoy coming in.  I mentioned before that I had been looking for new jobs for foreverrrrr and nothing has came about and now our company seems to be reorganizing and I'm really liking what they are doing!  I know I don't want to work a 9-5 for the rest of my life but for now clearly this is where God wants me and I am going to take advantage of all opportunities and do my best and with a good attitude and we'll see where things go....

I'm really excited and I am going to continue what I'm doing, I've eliminated a lot of unnecessary situations out of my life and I feel so free!  Everything is a learning experience and I've definitely learned a lot of lessons so now it's time to take action and DO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment