Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Facebook Detox

As a follow up to my previous post I thought I'd share that I'm putting myself through Facebook detox! I even wrote up an article entitled Social Networking: The Gifts & Curses of Facebook, I'll be submitting it to a magazine after I finish making all of my edits :-) Anyway, back to the topic at hand...I am addicted to Facebook! It's not as bad as it was when I first joined a couple years ago but now I log in more so out of boredom or as a means to procrastinate. Sometimes I'm going to type in a web address and I unconsciously type www.facebook.com....that's when I knew I needed HELP!

When we are on Facebook we are doing exactly what my previous post stated, NOT minding our business! I also did research and Buzz Blog said that over 700 billion minutes a month are spent on Facebook...that is insane to me! And I'm sure I've contributed a great portion of those 700 billion minutes. I started to think Hmmm how much more could I get accomplished using those minutes doing more productive things with my time. I had a whole list of things and that's what I'm going to tackle during my detox. I've started with just a month so hopefully I will have something good to report after this is over. Plus, all we are reading about is a bunch of embellished lives, hyped up relationships, drama and looking at bottle poppin' and white girl wasted pics *shrugs* Definitely not knocking anyone but hey "it is what it is"....

I've already deactivated my page and I've caught myself almost activating it just to get a quick "hit" LOL Who knows, I may never get back on Facebook but I seriously doubt that but I may start a new page and become a "Productive Facebooker" using it to find businesses, groups and network with people trying to do the same things I am. Wish me luck! Well pray for a sista!

No comments:

Post a Comment