Monday, November 29, 2010

Carnage...

CARNAGE: the Slaughter of a great number of people, as in battle; massacre

Since I began blogging I've been trying to expand my vocabulary so it will give me more leverage in getting my point across on posts. The dictionary/thesaurus app on my phone is my best friend! When you have an expansive vocab, it eliminates a lot of "like" "umm" "that thing" "you know what I'm saying" out of everyday conversation.

As I'm reading Decoded, I'm on the section "Politics As Usual"...Jay spoke on the fact that between 1989 and 1994 more black men were murdered on the streets of America than died in the entire Vietnam War. That was craaaazy to me and we all know there were a lot of killings during the big cocaine and police brutality era but using that analogy shows just how bad things were. I question if things are still the same if not worse OR has the gov't just found a better method at hiding these statistics and "cold cases". "America did not want to talk about the human damage, or deeper causes of the carnage". Which is when censorship of rap music came into place...a lot of topics expressed in rap were MOST of the times real situations taking place in black communities all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment