Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kid Cudi....

This blogging thing is getting even more exciting...I'm learning how to add new features as far as videos and audio clips other than youtube.

I've been listening to Kid Cudi's new album "Man On The Moon II" and it is DOPE! I listened to a couple tracks on his last album "Man On The Moon" but not the entire album but I took a interest in Cudi when I saw a video of him inebriated in the streets of LA (I think). Then he was on 106 & Park acting very outlandish, he has admitted to using coke in the past...I'm thinking he may still be enjoying those highs 0_o

Listening to his album...it seems as if he's crying out for help. I understand him a lot more and I'm sure plenty of people can relate to his life and the cause of his actions. One of my favorite songs, other than Ashin' Kusher (banger!), is 'Trapped In My Mind' I've included the song below...I feel everyone can relate in some way to this song....

"Trapped In My Mind" - Kid Cudi by dustinnguyen

A verse that stuck out to me as far as myself is "I'm stuck in rewind though I'm looking forward man I wish I knew what went wrong"....I deal with this all the time! Trying to move forward and become better but my mind won't allow me to. But I have to take control of my thoughts and mind, like I've said before the mind is a very powerful thing! I'm always thinking "what if I would have..." thinking about things I could've done differently or not done at all where would I be. But I can't continue focusing on that because what has happened is over and done with and it's a reason or a lesson behind it all. Jay Z (oops I mentioned him again) said it best "in order to survive you gotta learn to live with regrets".

We all have reasons behind every negative choice we've made, words we say but once it's done it's done. I'm ok when I'm having my good days and I'm on Cloud 9 but on those low days that's when I rewind thoughts and get down on myself. I have to start using my low days as times to strengthen my mind and thoughts. Constantly and Consciously replacing negative thoughts with positive ones....

Lengthy post...I know! By the way the picture above is a pic I took for my photography class, it goes perfect with the "Man On The MOON II" album title #random

No comments:

Post a Comment