Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spending Time w/ ME...

Today I took out time for me before I headed to my photography class. Went to Chevy's and had me a couple half price drinks *fist pump* for spending less $$! I had some BBQ wings, half price on those too! We all need to take out time for ourselves...often. Whether it's taking a ride in the car, taking a walk or even taking yourself on a date. You get to know yourself and think about life, goals, things you need to improve or you can just clear your head of all of life's problems for that little bit of time.

I remember when I wouldn't be caught anywhere by myself, I thought that was the most lame thing going somewhere alone. Now I have no problem, certain places you would rather have company but I can say I enjoy going out to eat alone. Hanging out alone builds confidence, helps you make more rational decisions when spending money and it also makes you more approachable. You can network better when alone, some people get intimidated when having to approach a group of people and we have a tendency to be a little more friendlier when we are by ourselves.

So take some time out at least once a month to get to know YOU a little better....you will be surprised what you find out!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I am a cheerleader for "getting to know yourself"! Spending time alone is a wonderful thing. It does build confidence. It makes you think as a better person what you need to get done verse you having someone with you adding their "advice" although it maybe nice to hear, but if you sit and write it down.. again "getting to know yourself" is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwh! thanks Meek Meek...I'm glad you enjoyed it and you are so right. That's how a lot of people get depressed because they are trying to fit in with what everyone else is doing because they don't who they are or what they want to do.

    ReplyDelete